• For the first game of day, arrive 30 mins before to setup.
• For all other games, arrive at least 15 mins before.
Setup scorekeepers table –
• Table – bring table from foyer if it is not already set-up.
• Extension cord run along player’s bleachers.
• Place Scoreboard and Gym Book on table.
• Verify scorekeeper has arrived.
Verify referees have arrived. If both referees are absent, call Kenny Woo (310)210-4203 or John Saito (323)528-9026.
• At beginning of each referee shift, remind the referees about the different rules for each grade(refer to the gym book for rules by grade).
• Start game with one referee, no later than 10 mins after the hour.
• Gather score and timer sheets from each team.
• Ask about missing & borrowed players (see rules).
• Make sure that the Coaches on the bench are on the approved list.
• Assist scorekeeper watch game & keep the games running on time by cutting down half-time and warm-ups.
• Monitor the timer’s sheet – each player must plays 5 consecutive mins per half. If a player is late and there is less than 5 mins left, just have him wait until the next half to play.
• CBO has a no tolerance policy. Unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a technical foul & a minimum 1 game suspension. (Referees & Gym Monitors have the authority to give technical fouls.)
• Fill out an incident report if any problems – forfeit, technical fouls, injuries. • Get Referee to sign each team’s scoresheet and sportsmanship sheet after each game.
• Pay referees & scorekeepers at the end of their shift.
• 1st-2nd grade should have ONE Referee and are paid $35/game.
• 3rd-8th grade should have 2 Referees and each are paid $30/game (If there is only 1 Referee it is $45/game).
• Scorekeepers are paid $18/game.
• Pack up scoreboard, extension cord & gym book.
• Put table back in the foyer.
• Report all technical fouls and incidents to the CBO Board within 24 hours. • Update the Team Snap Tournament App with the scores.
• Scan the Scoresheet and Sportsmanship ballot and email them to Denise Tanaka (email@example.com) within 24 hours.